Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Four More

I purchased these awhile back but never got around to showing them off. Adding these to the collection puts me at a total of 10 autographs from the 93 card set. For those keeping track (lol nobody) that's 10.75% of the autograph checklist done.


Cool Photo. Shitty signature. In total fairness, I couldn't careless, he's just another dude I need for my set. Also, a short print (/600).


El Presidente. When I first saw this card I had to have it. I love and miss Montreal, and Dennis was a former Indian.


I grew up loving this dude. Cubs games in the early years of my life were a staple and this guy played a prominent part. I also had never heard of a guy named Andre before and thought it was the coolest name.


Cleveland Legend/God. Sad he passed away last December. I had the pleasure of meeting him several times. He could talk for hours and all I could do was listen. A lot of people said he was a grumpy old man, and I'm sure they were right. But for all the shit he had seen in his life (not to mention fighting in WWII), he had every right to be short with some people. I'm really sad I never got to ask him about his barnstorming days, eventually I'll get my chance.

No comments: