Monday, January 5, 2009

Zidane

Zinedine Zidane is a retired French Football (Soccer) player. He has worn the shirt of many prestigious clubs such as Juventus, Real Madrid, and his national country, France. Zidane, or Zizou, is to many football fanatics to be a World Class Legend. However, most people remember Zizou for his antics at the 2006 World Cup.



The match was the Final in the 2006 World Cup between France and Italy. Both clubs are littered with talent, but Zidane is miles beyond all of the players. 2006 was his final appearance on the International stage for Les Bleus. Unfortunately for Zidane, he was sent off for his headbutt on Materazzi.

While searching Ebay for my quest to own a Zidane card, I came across his 2007 Futera dual jersey card (/175) of his. At the time, the card was currently going for $6 with shipping at $3.50.




I was very shocked to say the least and this card would easily have been a centerpiece of my collection. Both jersey swatches are from two different jerseys (Juventus and Real Madrid), and with a very low serial number (not 1/1 like the listing said), this card is a must have for any Zidane fan. And a must have it was.

Well, the listing ended, and I was very much out of the running when it was all said and done at $66 even. 15 bids were put in for this card, and not one of them was mine because I set my ceiling at $30.

Hopefully another Zidane jersey card is put on Ebay sometime soon, and maybe, just maybe I can win it.

No comments: